The Owlet Baby Monitor Sock is a device that tracks your baby’s heart rate and oxygen levels while they sleep. It consists of a fabric sock that wraps around your baby’s foot and a sensor that connects to a base station and an app on your phone. To keep your Owlet Sock in good condition and avoid skin irritation for your baby, you need to clean and wash it regularly. Here are some steps for cleaning Owlet sock to follow:
Step 1: Turn off the sensor before cleaning Owlet sock
- To avoid damaging the sensor, you need to turn it off before cleaning it. To do this, you need to unplug the base station and press and hold the button on it while plugging it back in. Release the button when you hear the first chirp. The base station will chirp four times and the light ring will blink orange.
- Press the button on the base station once while the light ring is blinking orange. The base station will chirp once, the sock light on the bottom of the base station will turn on, and the sensor light on the sock will turn off. This means the sensor is off and ready to be cleaned.
Step 2: Hand wash the fabric sock and sensor
- Remove the fabric sock from your baby’s foot and gently hand wash it in cool to lukewarm water with a mild detergent. You can use the same detergent that you use for your baby’s clothes, as their skin is already used to it. Avoid using hand soap, antibacterial soap, or dish soap, as they can be too harsh or dry for your baby’s skin.
- Use a clean and soft-bristled toothbrush to gently scrub the sensor with the same soapy water. Be careful not to damage the wires or connectors on the sensor.
- Rinse the fabric sock and sensor thoroughly with clean water to remove any soap residue. Soap residue can cause skin irritation or interfere with the sensor’s accuracy.
Step 3: Dry the fabric sock and sensor
- Lay or hang the fabric sock and sensor to dry completely before using them again. Do not use a dryer, iron, or dry clean them, as they can damage the fabric or sensor¹².
- Make sure your baby’s foot is also dry before putting on the sock again. Moisture can cause skin irritation or affect the sensor’s readings².
How do you get the smell out of an Owlet sock?
Soak the sock in a hydrogen peroxide solution. This can help remove odors caused by bacteria or sweat. Mix one part hydrogen peroxide with four parts warm water in a bucket. Submerge the sock in the solution and let it soak for one to two hours. Then wash the sock normally with detergent.
Can you wash Owlet Smart Sock 2?
Keep your Owlet Sock in pristine condition by delicately handwashing it weekly with gentle, cool-to-lukewarm water and a mild detergent. Follow this simple maintenance routine to ensure the longevity and cleanliness of your baby monitor accessory.
How do you reconnect an Owlet sock after cleaning?
To initiate a specific action on your Owlet Base Station, simply flip it upside down and locate two buttons: a small rectangular button and a larger round button. Within a span of 3 seconds, press the small rectangular button three times. You should hear a chirping or beeping sound as a response. Next, press the large round button twice within 2 seconds, and the unit should emit another chirping or beeping sound. Follow these instructions to successfully carry out the desired function on your Owlet Base Station.
What to do if Owlet gets wet?
After cleaning the sensor, gently press it against a dry towel to remove any remaining moisture. Then, place the sensor on the towel and allow it to air dry thoroughly until it is completely dry. Please note that it’s crucial not to place a wet sensor on the charging station, as it may lead to sensor failure. Exercise caution and ensure the sensor is completely dry before proceeding.
By following these steps, cleaning Owlet sock is easy and efficient. You should do this at least every two weeks, or more often if needed.