When it comes to baby monitors, most parents focus on two things: sound and price. But for deaf parents or hard-of-hearing, there’s an additional factor to consider: how the baby monitor will allow them to communicate with their child. While there are a number of baby monitors on the market that claim to be deaf-friendly, few of them are actually designed with deaf parents in mind.
How do baby monitors for deaf parents work?
Baby monitors with vibrating alert are the best for deaf parents. With this feature, they will be able to feel a vibration coming from the baby monitor when your child starts crying or if they wake up in the middle of the night.
Our top picks:
Top list Baby monitor for deaf parents
1. SereneLife Wireless Smartwatch System SLBCAM550 – Best For Vibration Alerts
The best baby monitor for deaf parents are the vibrating devices which needs to remain close in order for it work properly; otherwise, we’ll miss any notifications or alarms.
- Smart watch monitor with 1.54” inch digital screen that displays video via the mounted camera, PTT voice messaging, time, date, and alarm clock.
- Night vision – With a night vision camera that can see in the dark, you’ll always know what your little one is up to. The adjustable viewing angle and automatic dimming function provide clear videos even when faced with low light conditions!
- Talk back communication – this device got built-in microphone and speaker for two way communication so you can comfort your baby with the sound of your own voice.
- This watch also equipped with a built-in thermometer to monitor the temperature in your baby’s room to ensure comfort and safe environment at all times.
2. Nannio Hero3 Video Baby Monitor
- Sound detection and vibration notification – When a sound detected from the baby room, the parent unit will receive sound streaming and slightly vibration assistance.
- Long range audio/video up to 985ft.
- Automatic night vision
- Baby room temperature monitoring
- Power-saving/voice activation
- No WiFi required
3. VTech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor
- This VTech model has a graphic sound indicator that allows parents to monitor the noise in their baby’s room visually. It makes it easy for those who are hard of hearing or Deaf, because the monitor shows how loud everything is!
- It has a vibration alert so you won’t miss any notifications from home or daycare; it also features hands-free belt clip allowing parents to move about freely while wearing their portable crib mattress without having worry that there will be loss in range due specifically because of its shape makes sitting down difficult – instead use these moments as naptime.
- Long battery life – 9 to 16 hours
How do deaf parents hear baby cry?
Deaf parents can now relax knowing that their baby’s cries won’t go unheard, thanks to the fantastic array of innovative monitors available. From vibration alert systems and screens to indicator lights – no cry will fall on deaf ears.
Deaf parents or hard-of-hearing parents have their fair share of challenges to face. A reliable baby monitor makes it easier (and safer) for deaf parents to set their children down to sleep. First think which feature is the most important for your needs, second pick up your baby monitor that’s fit you.