If your Owlet base station won’t connect to Wifi network and you want to start tracking your child’s sleep patterns, you should use this troubleshooting guide.
Before proceeding with the troubleshooting process, ensure that the following prerequisites are met:
- Enter the correct Wi-Fi password.
- Connect to a 2.4g Wi-Fi network as 5g is incompatible.
- Confirm your internet connection by browsing a website on another device connected to your home Wi-Fi.
If you encounter WiFi issues, you can either restart your router and modem or contact your internet provider. You may also use our WiFi Dream Sock Self Help Tool to diagnose any home WiFi issues or refer to our router compatibility list.
The Dream Sock base station must be placed close to your router during the setup. You can relocate it later based on the signal strength. If you experience any issues, try moving the base station closer to your router or upgrading to a router with a better signal. You can also check our router compatibility list or use our WiFi Dream Sock Self Help Tool to diagnose home WiFi issues.
To determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps, check the Wi-Fi status light and the Owlet app status. The status light is a bright green LED situated on the bottom of the Dream Sock base station that illuminates when it is connected to Wi-Fi.
Easy troubleshooting steps to connect the Owlet base station to Wifi
- If the Wi-Fi light is not illuminated during the Dream Sock setup, make sure to check if your device is connected to the Owlet Wi-Fi network in your network settings.
- If the Wi-Fi light is on, but the connection was unsuccessful during the setup, it could be possible that the app is incorrect. You can skip forward in the setup by clicking the “Skip Forward” button located in the bottom right and continue with Dream Sock registration.
- In case the Wi-Fi light is on, but the Dream Sock failed to register, go to the Wi-Fi settings on your device and make sure that you are no longer connected to the Owlet Wi-Fi network. Connect to the same home network where you are connecting the Dream Sock base station to.
- If the Wi-Fi light is off but the Dream Sock was previously connected, and the app is searching for the Dream Sock base station, it means that the Wi-Fi connection was lost. To reconnect to Wi-Fi, click the gear icon for the Dream Sock and select “Change Wi-Fi.” Follow the instructions given in the app.
- Note that the Dream Sock base station can remember the 5 most recent Wi-Fi networks. If you are using it in a temporary location, you will need to connect to the new network using the “Change Wi-Fi” menu mentioned above. If your home network was one of the 5 most recent connections, it will automatically reconnect once it’s within range.
If you still have the problem please contact Owlet customer service
In conclusion, the Owlet Base Station is an essential device that allows parents to monitor their baby’s sleep and breathing patterns. However, if it won’t connect to Wi-Fi, it can be frustrating and concerning. Fortunately, with the troubleshooting steps provided, you can easily fix the issue and get the base station connected to Wi-Fi.
Read also: Owlet not working – ways to fix