If you are a parent who uses the Owlet Smart Sock to monitor your baby’s heart rate and oxygen levels, you may have noticed that sometimes Owlet Blinking Blue lights and plays a song. This is a blue notification, and it means that there is a Bluetooth disconnection between the Smart Sock and the base station. In this article, I will explain why this happens and how to fix it.
There are several possible reasons why your Owlet may blink blue, such as:
- The baby is no longer in range of the base station. The Bluetooth transmission distance can vary between 10-50 feet, depending on the environment and interference. If you move your baby too far away from the base station, the connection may be lost.
- A person (holding the baby) or other object is blocking the Bluetooth signal. The human body can act as a shield for Bluetooth signals, so if you or someone else is holding your baby or standing between the Smart Sock and the base station, the connection may be interrupted.
- The base station is set too far from the baby’s crib. The closer the base station is to the Smart Sock, the stronger the signal will be. Ideally, you should place the base station within 10 feet of your baby’s crib, on a flat surface away from other electronic devices.
- The Smart Sock’s electronic battery is critically low or has been fully drained. The Smart Sock needs to be recharged daily to ensure optimal performance. If the battery level is too low, the connection may be unstable or drop completely.
If you receive a blue notification from your Owlet, here are some steps you can take to resolve it:
- Move the base station closer to your baby’s crib, or move your baby closer to the base station. Make sure there are no walls, furniture, or other obstacles between them that could interfere with the signal.
- Check the battery level of the Smart Sock and recharge it if needed. You can see the battery level on the Owlet app on your smartphone. It is recommended to charge the Smart Sock for at least 90 minutes before each use.
- Make sure no one is holding your baby or blocking the signal when using the Smart Sock. Only use the Smart Sock when your baby is in their crib alone.
- If none of these steps work, you can try resetting the base station and re-pairing it with the Smart Sock. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Unplug the base station from power and wait for 10 seconds.
- Plug it back in and wait for it to turn green.
- Tap twice on top of the base station to disable monitoring.
- Press and hold on top of the base station for 10 seconds until it turns off.
- Press and hold on top of the base station again for 10 seconds until it turns blue and plays a song.
- Open the Owlet app on your smartphone and follow the prompts to pair your Smart Sock with your base station.
What is the blue light on Owlet camera?
If the status lights on the device are blue, it means there are problems with the connection. However, if you see a different color or no light at all, or if you encounter an error code, you should refer to the Cam’s Top Troubleshooting articles section in our Help Center for assistance.
What are the flashing colors on the Owlet?
Pulsing Green: Getting measurements. Flashing Blue: The sock is not within range of the Base Station, the battery is low, or the signal is blocked. Yellow light: The sock has slipped off or is not correctly positioned. Flashing Red: Heart rate or oxygen levels are beyond the specified limits.
How do I turn off the blue light on my Owlet?
To enable or disable the status light, access the Owlet App and navigate to the account section. Within the “My Owlet Devices” category, select the specific device you want to modify. From there, you can easily switch the status light on or off by using the toggle option.
How far can the Owlet base be from the sock?
The Owlet sock and base station have a typical Bluetooth range of approximately 100 feet. If your base station is connected to a Wi-Fi network, you have the convenience of receiving alerts and monitoring your baby using the smartphone app from anywhere as long as you have a Wi-Fi connection or cellular connectivity if it is enabled.
The Owlet Smart Sock is a useful device that can help you monitor your baby’s well-being and give you peace of mind. However, sometimes it may blink blue and indicate a Bluetooth disconnection. This can be caused by various factors, such as distance, interference, battery level, or body blocking. To fix this issue, you can try moving closer, recharging, avoiding holding your baby or resetting and re-pairing your devices. If you still have trouble with your Owlet blinking blue, you can contact Owlet customer support for further assistance.
I hope this article helps you understand what does it mean when your Owlet blinking blue and how to fix it.😊